Nov 29, 2016

Three-year-old boy trouble with speech, back on track after one year of treatment

In late October 2005, I gave a lecture in Hong Kong on autism. On the following day, after listening to my lecture, a couple came to my clinic with their autistic son for treatment. Their son was three years old and has a twin brother. This little boy is the youngest of all autistic cases I have ever treated. When I first saw him, his complexion was pale. He only spoke English. He talked a lot, talked really fast but pronunciation was not accurate and his tongue was not flexible. He even was not able to pronounce his English name, Thomas, properly. He had cross-eyes and suffered from mild eczema. His mother gave birth to the twins at an age of 41. She had an in vitro fertilization and gave birth through cesarean. Based on the cases I had come across so far, many of the mothers of autistic children gave birth at an age older than 30. The reason this mother discovered the behavioral abnormality of the younger son so soon was that she saw the difference in the twin brother in comparison? Normally, other parents would think that the child would eventually improve when they grow up. As a result, treatment was delayed and it would take longer to treat. This little boy’s parents made the right decision to seek treatment immediately after my lecture.

Sweat with rusty stench after taking medicine

This little patient had with bowel movement issue. He could not sleep well and often tossed and turned. There was twill-like lines on his fingernails, a typical symptoms in autistic kids. He was not able to stick his tongue out when I asked him to. The following day, his mother called and told me that they got home late and did not have a chance to cook the medicine and then he had a high fever that day, probably from a flu. I immediately prescribed flu medicine for him, advised his mother to let him take that first before giving him the medicine for autism in the evening. His fever was gone by the afternoon. At night, he took the medicine for autism and soon fell asleep. Over the night, his body temperature went up and sweated a lot with rusty stench. The smell indicated that iron residual in the blood stasis was being discharged. On the following day, after taking the medicine, he was able to focus on and follow the TV program, learning to speak. His stool was also very smelly, indicated the effect of the medicine, which helped clear the intestinal waste products that had been accumulated for a long time.

Patient’s mother loved him in every possible way. In order to help his disease to be cured sooner, his mother recorded her observations of his condition in detail every day. She would then call and report to me. That night she called and told me her son spoke a lot that day, although she didn’t quite understand what he was saying. When he was in the car on the way home from school, he seemed to be particularly interested at the things outside and was probing and looking around. This strange behavior indicated that his vision has improved. His mother was very excited and felt that that was incredible progress. In the second follow-up visit, he had runny nose, but no cough. He was very active and was running around. I told him to stick out his tongue to check but he still refused. When I asked him to repeat what I said, he refused also. When he left, he said “bye bye, Dr. Au”, a whole sentence. Before, he could only say single words. Since the treatment, his speech has improved a lot.

In the fourth follow-up visit, patient’s urine samples was deep reddish brown. At the bottom of the bottle there was purplish red liver cells. There was also urate acid crystals and white cholesterol precipitate. His mother had called and said that over the past few days, her son slept lightly and woke up easily at night. He was very active and had skin rashes. I told her to wash the affected area with white sugar water. When I saw him at this visit, the eczema at the fold of his elbows and knees had gone. In the beginning, patient could not pronounce his English name accurately, however, during this visit, he was able to pronounce it accurately. He even went to the calendar and read out the dates in English with a clear voice, a big difference from when he first came. When he finished reading the dates, he clapped his hands showing happiness of being able to complete a task. I told his father that if he detected inaccurate pronunciation his son made, he should immediately correct him, otherwise he would continue with the inaccurate pronunciation. His father told me that the school teachers said that his son and other children began to communicate. He also talked more with his brother. He has obviously progressed. His mother also told me that her son had great improvement in interpersonal relationships, he was sociable and liked school. He had patience when watching TV, spent a longer time than before, and his ability to express himself has improved. In the past, when he did not want his father to hold him, he would just cry, but now he would say it. Every now and then he would even embrace his parents or kiss their faces.

Senses recovered, felt pain

In the following period, there was a breakthrough in patient’s condition. He began to feel pain. Before the treatment, when he fell, he would not feel pain. After the treatment, he started to feel pain. Before, he would bang his head on the wall for no reason. This behavior might be a result of discomfort in his head. He did not know how to deal with it so he banged his head hoping the pain would counteract the discomfort. Being able to feel pain indicated that nerve signal in the brain could be transmitted smoothly, restoring the senses. In addition the patient’s progress in all other aspects was good. In the seventh follow-up visit, most of the urine samples were light yellow, there was no sediment and they were much clearer. Before the treatment, he used to be afraid of dangerous acts. After the treatment, he often liked to climb his mother’s shoulder and then jumped down. I believed it was because his visual has improved and could clearly see the distance to the ground, so he wasn’t scared of the jump. He also began to like drawing. In the past, he would only draw a few strokes and then asked for fresh paper to redraw because he didn’t like his drawings. He would not do that now. He drew match stick people with smiley faces. Although the proportion was off, we could observe the responses of his visual and brain. I asked his mother to record the date of each picture in order to compare his progress. His mother was happy when reporting her son’s progress. This was because her son’s condition has been improving. She also said that the sweat of his son began to smell normal with an ammonia odor instead of the rusty stench. I believed that meant other toxins were beginning to be discharged at that point. In terms of pronunciation, he often imitate others, but mostly monosyllable, including Mandarin.

There was one phenomenon of this case that is worth mentioning here. Patient has been speaking in English. However, since he came back from a trip to Taiwan during spring break, he began speaking in a language no one could understand. I think he was trying to speak Mandarin. When he came to my clinic and saw a calendar with the words ‘Happy New Year’, both in English and Chinese, printed on it, he first pointed to the word ‘Happy’, spelled it and then read the whole ‘Happy New Year’ accurately. Later, he tried to read out the Chinese greetings but it sounded strange. I thought it was just because he didn’t know the characters. However, later we learned that he was actually trying to say the greetings ‘Kung Hei Fat Choy and Happy New Year’ in Mandarin. His parents were overjoyed. I told them that their son’s senses were improving, especially his hearing. During the Chinese New Year, his family has been teaching him to say the greetings, ‘Kung Hei Fat Choy’ and ‘Happy New Year’ so much, he was able to imitate the correct pronunciation. Before the treatment his hearing was impaired, so what he heard and remembered was wrong pronunciation. Nevertheless, that issue was addressed and corrected.

Blood test showed zinc and magnesium content off the chart

In the fifteenth follow-up visit, patient’s urine samples were light brownish orange and light yellow in color. There were needle-like transparent crystals, cholesterol precipitates, and etc. Patient was very calm sitting next to his mother, much more calm than usual. His mother said that when he got to school, he talked to the teacher just like any other normal child. When his uncle came back to Hong Kong from overseas and saw him, he felt that his condition was a lot better. Before, he would only play by himself, now, he would say hello and communicate. There was significant changes in his character. When I let him draw on the tablet, he could write letters and sometimes drew smiley faces, although the proportion was off. He could also say his English name and Chinese surname, and was able to say “Kung Hei Fat Choi” and “Happy New Year” in Chinese accurately sometimes. In the seventeenth follow-up visit, his father inadvertently revealed that his son had had a blood test in Taiwan and the results showed that zinc and magnesium content in his blood was relatively high. I told his father that the two elements were heavy metals and if the content was too high, it would affect the development of the brain. My formula could help discharge heavy metals and toxins at the same time. In addition, his father also said that the Western doctor who treated his son for other illnesses said his son was allergic to milk and should drink soy milk instead. I immediately objected to that recommendation because the effect of soy milk has on the lungs is what Chinese medicine called ‘cold’. It will cause allergic reaction on other food and causes more runny nose. My prescription helped strengthen the lungs and reduce runny nose.

Patient stopped drinking soy milk, and started drinking milk. His nanny said that he still sweated, after drinking the medicine, with a rusty stench. His stool was in normal strips. He was interested in learning and improving his pronunciation. He was more focus, knew how to communicate with people and could play with his brother. His nanny also said that he was involved in school activities with other students and when he talked with others, there was eye contact, although sometimes he would ignore the others. Once when he came to my clinic for follow-up, he asked me for a pencil to write. He wrote until the pencil was too blunt to write and asked for another one. In the past, he would have given up the pencil much sooner. This indicated that he could adapt to the environment and accept the reality, his emotional quotient has improved a lot.

In the twentieth follow-up visit, he sat opposite me and was very well-behaved and quiet. Later, he wanted to go on the floor to play with blocks. When I asked him the shapes and colors of the blocks, he answered them all correctly. After playing with the blocks, he started reading out loud an English book. When his pronunciation was not accurate, I immediately corrected him and he would correct himself. He still had trouble with the “L” sound and could say it properly only sometimes. His nanny said that he was able to urinate and defecate separately. Before, when he urinated, there must be stool also. He was infected with fever because his brother had a cold. His temperature fluctuated and he was coughing with phlegm. I thought it could be just a cold but to be safe, I gave him a prescription for cold. However, since his trachea was giving out funny sound, his mother took him to see a Western doctor. The Western doctor diagnosed it as bronchitis and said it would require antibiotics. His father called me from Shanghai for advice. I told him this phenomenon could be just like a cold and suggested him to first take the Chinese medicine. After two doses, the fever was gone. After another dose, the coughing stopped and the phlegm was cleared. He had completely recovered from his cold.

Audio, visual and behavior significantly improved

Recently, patient was more courageous. He began to play on the swing and do other activities which he was afraid to do before. In addition, he began to learn horseback riding and had a lot of fun. About four to five days before his thirty-second follow-up visit, he had a cold again. His mother said that he had high fever and convulsions and she was very worried. In order to reduce her worries, I prescribed to him some cold medicine. When I saw him, he had recovered, although his complexion was pale. The nanny said that the past few days he often covered his eyes with his hands and was afraid to see the light. This indicated that the brightness of things he saw has increased and because he was not used to the brightness yet, he covered his eyes with his hands. As a matter of fact, his recent fever was a “pseudo fever syndrome”. It happened because there was too much toxins and stasis accumulated in the brain and could not be fully discharged, hence a fake cold phenomenon I called “Pseudo fever syndrome” occurred. In the past few months, it had happened quite a few times. Often, every time a pseudo fever syndrome occurred, patient’s IQ, visual and hearing would have a big leap of improvement in a short period of time. This phenomenon is similar to what a Western autism expert called “yeast die off reaction”. As a result of this reaction, the patients will have fever and sickness. Western doctors would use drugs to inhibit the reaction, however, this treatment would at the same time slow down the brain’s ability to remove the accumulated toxins and stasis, holding back patients’ recovery and improvement of IQ and behavior. In my theory and treatment, this is an opportunity to allow large amount of brain toxins and accumulated blood stasis to be discharged to achieve the great leap forward of the brain nervous system.

Later on, I realized that patient began to have his own ideas. He would make requests. His mother said that his progress was obvious. His speech was coherent and he was able to express his ideas clearly. He was more cheerful and spoke a lot. He had a natural talent in language. Besides English, he could speak Mandarin and Spanish. He could sing the whole birthday song and other songs and had good memories. He even reminded his brother to go to this place one day. He would also accept the views of others. One time he wanted a new pencil, I deliberately did not give him and did not explain the reason. He then as a resort asked for an old pen. His writing has improved. It was neat and tidy, unlike before when the letters overlapped. His mother thought he was more mature than before. When he was eating with a group of children, he could stay steady for forty-five minutes, which was not easy. At school, his performance was outstanding. When he was playing a group game, other children were only able to do one action, however, he was able to complete all the actions. His comprehension skill was excellent.

To sum up, his speech, hearing and visual, communication and cognitive ability have continued to improve during the treatment. When the treatment has completed, he was not much different form a normal child. Patient first visited me on October 22, 2005, and until December 20, 2006, he had a total of 59 treatment with satisfactory results. About nine years later, when his father came to see me, he told me that his son has developed well after my treatment. He was admitted to a normal junior high school and had good performance.

By Dr. Au Sik Kee

Nov 29, 2016

Medical record number: 051022

For enquiry, email: